Chicken, bacon and ranch make everything better, right? These Keto chicken bacon ranch stuffed mushrooms make great appetizers or even a nice side dish for your meal.
I think the first time I ever heard of the chicken bacon ranch combo was when Subway came out with their sandwich years ago. And I’ve been hooked ever since.
Mix up a bowl of crack chicken and you can put it in anything. We love it in low carb quesadillas, in chicken puffs, or even just piled high on a salad. So why not stuffed in a yummy mushroom?
Yes, add that to my Trim Healthy Mama S plate!
These mushrooms are loaded with creamy cheese, bacon, rotisserie chicken and ranch to make these the perfect low carb appetizer for your next party. Well, are parties still a thing since COVID? Who am I kidding – you can make these for yourself and sit at home socially distanced BUT at least you will have good food!
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms
You are seriously going to love these. I made them one night to go with some chicken quarters that my husband smoked on the grill. And then I made them again the next day.
And mid-week, I made them again and we just ate a big plate of stuffed mushrooms for dinner. They were that good.
Do you like appetizers for dinner? I swear the starters are usually my favorite part of the whole meal.
Ingredients for Low Carb Crack Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
If you have read many of my Keto/Trim Healthy Mama recipes, you know I like to get help from the grocery store when I can to make life a little easier. And these baked stuffed mushrooms are no exception, getting their start with a rotisserie chicken.
Here is what you need to grab from the store or your fridge and pantry.
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I buy generic EVERYTHING but Philadelphia really is better)
- Bacon (either cooked/crumbled bacon or real bacon bits)
- Ranch Dressing – This is my favorite. You could make your own also.
- Shredded Cheese
- White Mushrooms or Portabella (baby bella) Mushrooms
How To Bake Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
These bacon cream cheese stuffed mushrooms are easy to mix up and bake for a tasty low carb starter.
Start buy washing the mushrooms with water and removing the stems. You won’t use the stems in this recipe but frugal Trim Healthy Mama’s don’t throw them out! Try the sister’s ground beef mushroom hack to stretch your grocery budget!
I set mushroom caps on a paper towel to absorb any extra water while I move on to the next step.
Then combine the shredded rotisserie chicken, room temp cream cheese, bacon bits, ranch and shredded cheese in a medium bowl. Mix it all together until well incorporated.
Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom until full but not overflowing with filling.
I like to use a Broiler Pan to cook these because it lets any excess moisture from the mushrooms drain away – avoiding a mushy mushroom.
Place your crack chicken stuffed mushrooms on the broiler pan and bake until the cheese is melted and warm in your 400 degree preheated oven, about 18-20 minutes.
Looking for more Keto – THM S – Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms? Try these Sausage Rotel Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms.
- 1 cooked shredded chicken breast (Can use Rotisserie)
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 6 oz real bacon bits
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2 pkg White Mushrooms or Baby Bella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and set aside or discard (THM followers - slice them up and brown them with ground beef for another recipe). Wash and dry the mushroom caps.
- Combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, bacon, chicken and ranch dressing in a medium bowl and mix together well.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of filling.
- Place the filled mushrooms on a lightly greased broiler pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Leave a Reply