The dalgona coffee craze started during quarantine and has branched off into all kinds of fun drinks! I’ve seen strawberry flavored and even a Nutella dalgona.
This Trim Healthy Mama version skips the coffee and includes the THM cookies n cream protein powder in this dalgona style beverage.
I’m not on Tik Tok (I think I might be too old for that!) but some of my friends are and during quarantine they taught me about dalgona coffee.
A what kind of coffee?! If you were like me and didn’t know about this Korean beverage, you are not alone. The traditional version is made by whipping instant coffee, sugar and hot water together to make a whippy, foamy topping.
Then the topping goes over a glass with ice and milk. And while a coffee version of this would also be good, I skipped it in this recipe making this a great bedtime snack option!
This THM cookies n cream protein dalgona drink is easy to make for a quick sweet treat.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
THM Cookies N Cream Protein Dalgona
I’m all about quick and easy on plan meals and snacks. I particularly like this one because it feels a little fun and fancy even though it takes just a couple of minutes to make.
Here is what you need for the THM Cookies N Cream Protein Dalgona drink:
- THM Cookies N Cream Protein Powder
- Heavy Cream
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Vanilla Sweet Drops or sweetener of your choice
- High Key Brownie Bites (Optional for Garnish)
Making the THM Dalgona Beverage
To make this dalgona inspired beverage, start by adding the cream and protein powder into a bowl. Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the cream and protein powder until it is thick and forming peaks.
Add the Sweet Drops and mix briefly again.
In a small cup (I used a stemless wine glass), add ice and fill about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full. Next, spoon the whipped protein mixture on top.
Garnish with a couple of crushed High Key brownie bite cookies and serve immediately.
Fuel Type: S – the fat from the HWC and cookies make this an S drink.
What if I don’t have the THM Cookies N Cream Protein Powder?
You could sub a vanilla protein powder and mix in a couple of extra High Key cookies for a similar taste.
You could also mix in a little black or regular cocoa powder.
Can I Add Coffee?
Of course! Coffee makes everything better!
You could add the instant coffee with the whipping cream for a traditional Dalgona. However, I think it would be really good to fill a cup with ice and a cold brew coffee and then top it with the cookies n cream whipped protein mix.
More Ideas for THM Cookies N Cream Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 TBSP THM Cookies And Cream Pristine Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 - 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2-5 Drops Vanilla Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops
- 1-2 High Key Brownie Bites Optional for Garnish
- Place the whipping cream and the protein powder in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the cream and powder until peaks are forming and the mixture is the texture of whipped cream.
- Add 2-5 drops of Vanilla Sweet Drops or your desired sweetener. I did 2 drops and it was moderately sweet. If you like it sweeter, just taste and add until it gets to your desired level of sweetness.
- Add the ice and almond milk to a small glass. Top with the whipped dalgona style cream.
- Garnish with 1-2 crushed High Key brownie bite cookies and serve immediately.