Looking for the perfect fall or holiday dessert for your low carb diet? This Keto pumpkin ice cream pie is the perfect way to indulge without guilt.
Pumpkin meets sugar free ice cream and lies on top of a delicious and flavorful pecan crust. Tell me, why did we eat sugar before? Because once you try this ice cream pie, you will wonder that too!
This recipe was actually inspired by & lightly adapted from a Breyers pumpkin ice cream pie that I saw on Pinterest. I switched up a few things like the crust, sweeteners and ice cream to make it compatible for Keto, Low Carb and Trim Healthy Mama (S) lifestyles.
And the best part? Aside from it tasting like a piece of pumpkin pie swirled with vanilla ice cream. It is really pretty easy to make. The only hard part is waiting for it to freeze back up after you mix it.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
The pie starts off with a pecan crust. I first made this crust for my double layer Keto pumpkin cheesecake and it is amazing. It adds so much more than the graham cracker crusts you ate before Keto.
Next, comes a mixture of rich pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla ice cream and of course a little “sugar.” Freeze it & eat it 4 hours later.
And it is so so so good. My daughter (6) actually snagged my piece before I got a bite. Which is saying something because kids are picky.
So what do you need to make this Keto pumpkin ice cream pie?
Ingredients for Pecan Pie Crust
- Chopped Pecans
- Monk Fruit
Low Carb Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Filling
- A low carb/Keto/THM approved vanilla ice cream
- Swerve Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree (not pie filling, the only ingredient should be pumpkin)
Allowable Ice Cream Options
Since this recipe was inspired by the Breyers recipe, let’s start there. The Breyer’s Carb Smart (which is allowed as an S on THM) can be used in this recipe.
You could also use a compliant vanilla ice cream of your choice like Halo Top or Rebel.
Making the Frozen Pumpkin Pie
This recipe would be no bake except for the fact that you need to bake your homemade low carb pecan crust. But it is easy and only takes a blender & 10 minutes!
Simply combine the pecan crust ingredients into your blender and blend until everything is combined. The pecans will become so fine that it will look like brown paste.
Make sure the butter is all blended together. That is when I know it is ready.
This is what it will look like before baking.
Spread the pecan mixture into a pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the crust cool completely. You could also do this ahead of time and freeze.
Blending the Pumpkin Ice Cream
In a medium bowl, combine the vanilla ice cream, brown “sugar,” cinnamon and pumpkin. Mix with a hand or stand mixture until completely combined.
The ice cream will become smooth.
Pour this mixture on top of your cool and frozen crust.
Place the pie in the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Serving the Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Take the pie out of the freezer about 20 minutes before you are ready to serve.
Top with homemade whipped cream or Fat Free Reddi Whip (for my THM Drive Thru Sues) and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
More Low Carb Holiday Recipes
Instant Pot Brown “Sugar” Holiday Ham
Crock Pot Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Keto Double Layer Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms
Sausage Rotel Stuffed Mushrooms
Everything But the Bagel Goat Cheese Spread
Tons of Keto Dips that you can Dip with Pork Rinds
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp monk fruit
- 3 cups Breyers Carb Balance Ice Cream (Or choice of Vanilla Keto friendly Ice Cream)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
Keto (THM S ) Pecan Pie Crust
Keto (THM S) Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie Filling
- Combine all crust ingredients into a blender. Pulse until the nuts are fine and the butter is evenly incorporated. (The butter doesn't need to be melted but if it is close to room temp it will blend more quickly.)
- Spread the pecan mixture into a pie plate and bake for ten minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the pie crust from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Combine the ice cream, pumpkin, cinnamon and Swerve together in a medium bowl. Using a hand or a stand mixer blend until completely smooth.
- Spread the ice cream mixture on top of the cooled pecan crust.
- Cover & freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Allow the low carb pumpkin ice cream pie to sit on the counter for about 20 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.