Wasa breaded chicken nuggets are a family pleasing Trim Healthy Mama S meal.
The other day I had some chicken breast on the counter for dinner. My daughter walked by and said “Ohh are we having chicken nuggets?!” Sadly for her we were not but it got me thinking.
I wanted a THM and kid friendly chicken nugget recipe that could make us all happy.
These Wasa breaded chicken nuggets are quick and easy to make and everyone in my family enjoyed them.
Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.
More THM S Recipes:
30 Min Cheesy Salsa Verde Chicken
Wasa Breaded Chicken Nuggets – THM S
What is it about chicken nuggets? It seems like no matter what stage of food picky that they are in, they will always accept nuggets.
So homemade chicken nuggets are a great way to get them their favorite food without all of those processed and yucky ingredients that are in the fast food or frozen varieties.
These Wasa breaded chicken nuggets require just 4 ingredients plus spices! So they are easy to whip up and you can rest assured that your kids will eat the dinner you prepared!
Grated Parm (Green Can Kind)
Chicken Breast or Thighs
Instructions for THM S Nuggets
To make these nuggets, cut the chicken into bite sized chunks.
Place the Wasa Crackers into your blender and mix until the consistency of bread crumbs.
Mix spices, parm and ground Wasa crackers together in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs in a bowl.
Breading the Nuggets
To bread the nuggets, dip each chicken piece into the eggs.
Next, dip/roll the chicken piece into the breading mixture.
Place each breaded nugget onto a greased broiler pan. Using the broiler pan will prevent soggy nuggets.
Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Then broil for 2 minutes to crisp up the breading.
How Many Can I Eat?
If you bread 4 chicken breast with the mixture and have no leftover mixture, you can have 1/2 of a chicken breast in S mode.
If you eat more, you would go into XO mode because only 1 of the Wasa crackers is allowed in an S.
Fill your plate with a big salad or Mac and Cheese Zoodles.
If you prefer more chicken nuggets, use this breading recipe and just use chicken instead of pork.
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 8 Light Rye Wasa Crackers
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP garlic powder
- 1 TSP Paprika
- 1/2 TSP Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks.
- Blend Wasa crackers in blender until they are the consistency of traditional bread crumbs.
- Mix Wasa crumbs, seasonings and cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Crack eggs and whisk gently in a separate bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the eggs first and then roll in the "breadcrumb" Wasa mixture.
- Place each piece on a greased broiler pan.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 15 minutes.
- Broil on high for 2 minutes to get the Wasa breading a little extra crispy.