If you love PB&J, you need to make this low carb peanut butter & jelly wrap hack quesadilla right now!
I finally downloaded TikTok a couple of months ago after resisting the app for a few reasons. #1. I didn’t need yet another social media time suck in my life & #2. I felt too old!
I’m only in my mid-thirties but it seemed like every tween and teen that I know was spending their time on TikTok so I just decided it wasn’t for me. But peer pressure took over and I wanted to see what it was all about.
And while I’m honestly still not 100% in love, they do have some cool food videos. The latest one is the TikTok tortilla wrap hack. It is basically a tortilla that is cut and wrapped into the cutest little quesadilla that you have ever seen.
But don’t make the mistake that these quesadilla wraps are just for Mexican food. You can put anything into your tortilla. Wrap it, press it & done. A fun meal for the entire family.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Low Carb Peanut Butter & Jelly Wrap Hack (THM S)
Peanut butter and jelly roll ups are something that I make pretty often when I am craving comfort food but want to stay on plan.
By making that classic childhood favorite into a pressed wrap, you transform the sandwich into a gooey, melty delicious mix of peanut butter, jelly and a little bit of crunch!
What You Need for a TikTok Inspired PB&J Wrap Hack
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter – this is by far the best option out there
- Simply Fruit Jelly
- Frozen mixed berries
- Low Carb Tortilla
Steps to Wrapping the Quesadilla
There are 5 steps to properly prepare a low carb peanut butter and jelly wrap hack quesadilla.
- Find the center of the tortilla with the tip of a knife. From the center, cut down to the end of the tortilla.
- Fill each quarter of the tortilla with a different filling. For this pb&j wrap, these are the steps.
- Start in the lower left quarter and apply a generous spread of peanut butter.
- In the top left quarter, apply a thin spread of peanut butter (this helps the toppings stick ) and a handful of peanuts.
- In the top right quarter, add a thin spread of peanut butter and a tsp of Simply Fruit jelly. Spread the peanut butter to the edge but keep the jelly in the middle to eliminate spilling when cooking.
- For the bottom right quarter, add a small handful of frozen blueberries or mixed berries. You can smear a light peanut butter layer on this section prior to the berries to help seal the wrap.
- Starting with the bottom left quarter, fold up over the top quarter. So your peanut butter will lay on top of the peanuts. Next, fold the two triangles on the left over onto the jelly quarter. Finally, fold the three quarters over the frozen berries which will result into one triangle.
- Place the wrap into a skillet or a panini press and cook until warm and the outer tortilla has browned slightly.
Tips for Making the Best Wrapped Quesadilla
- This PB&J wrap is best made in a skillet. I love using my panini maker but it makes a pretty big mess pressing out the jelly and fruit.
- Consider using these tortillas. They are a little more pliable and easier to fold.
- Don’t add too much of any topping. If you overfill, it will spill out and make a big mess!
- Considering skipping the peanuts? Don’t! I don’t even like crunchy peanut butter but these add a crunch that makes this wrap amazing.
Want More Easy Low Carb/THM S Ideas?