Peanut butter and chocolate are hands down the best dessert combo ever in my book. And being able to eat pb and chocolate and lose weight at the same time is amazing.
These Keto peanut butter bars taste like buckeye balls without the hassle.
Peanut butter balls are a favorite of mine at Christmas time. They have the perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate and you can eat them with your hands!
And while I love those buckeye balls, I don’t love the sugar and the time that they take to make. You have to form 700 balls of peanut butter mixture and then hand dip every one.
It takes forever. But these Keto peanut butter balls get rid of the sugar and the time suck. They are quick but just as tasty as their peanut butter ball competitor.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Keto Peanut Butter Bars (THM S)
A thick semi-sweet chocolate layer is topped with a creamy and sweet peanut butter layer for the perfect combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
These Keto peanut butter bars are really rich so I cut them into small pieces. Although I feel like I could eat the whole pan, after a couple of bites of this decadent dessert you’ll be satisfied.
What You Need for Sugar Free Peanut Butter Bars
- Bake Believe or Lily’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter
- Swerve Confectioner’s “Sugar”
- Pinch of Salt
Making the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
These peanut butter bites are so much easier than peanut butter balls!
Simply melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler. You can probably do it in the microwave too but I’ve ruined one too many bags of chocolate in the microwave so I just do it on the stove. It doesn’t require much more time & I pay attention to it more when it is on the stove.
Once the chocolate and oil is melted, spread it in an 8×8 pan that is lined with parchment paper. Place it in the fridge to set up while you work on the peanut butter mix.
Next, combine all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and mix. It will come together to be a thick, dough like consistency.
Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours. Cut into small bars or bites.
These are best kept in the fridge. They get a little too soft in my opinion if left at room temperature.
I hope you love these Keto peanut butter bars as much as I do!
More Keto/THM S Desserts
Keto Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Cookies
Strawberry Lemonade Berry Sorbet
Easy Creamsicle Sip
Cookies N Cream Protein Dalgona
- 3/4 cup Bake Believe or Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar free peanut butter
- 2 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 1.5 cups Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Line 8x8 Pyrex dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, spread it into the 8x8 pan.
- Place the chocolate layer in the fridge so that it can start to set up and harden.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix with a hand or a stand mixer until well incorporated. The mixture will look like a thick dough.
- Remove the chocolate from the fridge (it should be a layer of hardened chocolate. If it is not ready, just stick the peanut butter mix in the fridge in the separate bowl until the chocolate is hardened).
- Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate. Using the back of a spoon or your fingers, press the peanut butter mix down until it is smooth.
- Place the peanut butter bars back into the fridge for 1-2 hours at a minimum.
- Cut into bars or bites. These are best eaten right out of the fridge. They will get soft if left at room temp.