Whether you need something to take to a potluck or a football tailgate, these party foods for Trim Healthy Mama will be enjoyed by your THM & non-THM friends and family.
We just had my son’s birthday party this past week and I wanted to have some on plan appetizers to go with the pizza and cake that he requested.
I have some goals that I am trying to hit & didn’t want to go off plan, even for a birthday. But that doesn’t mean that I wanted to fell deprived during the event and because of THM I didn’t have to!
This post on party food for Trim Healthy Mama is letter “P” of our Trim Healthy Mama A to Z series. You can find everything you need to know about THM from A to Z by clicking here.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Party Foods for Trim Healthy Mama
I know we have all been in this boat. We need to go to a party and take an appetizer but what can you bring to stay on plan and that will please all guests? A lot!
All of these are things that I have served to non-THM followers and they are eaten up and enjoyed! So you can feel confident that pretty much anyone can enjoy these snack ideas and you can stay on plan and meet your goals.
Most of these starters can be eaten on other low carb and Keto diets as well.
THM Appetizers to Serve At Your Gathering
- Deviled Eggs – I don’t really use a recipe. Just enough mayo to get the egg yolks creamy and a dash of paprika.
- Charcuterie Trays – Meats, cheeses, nuts and fruits are always a hit. The link has E & S board ideas
- Chicken Salad – For this one I added some diced jicama, sliced almonds and Dukes mayo. Serve with celery, make Joseph’s Lavash crackers or you can throw in an off plan roll of some sort if you want for the Non-THMers.
- Everything But the Bagel Goat Cheese Log – a 2 minute recipe
- Pimento Cheese – This is one of my faves. So easy and tastes so rich. All I do is shredded cheddar, enough Dukes mayo to make it creamy and some drained pimento, salt & pepper.
- Rotel Dip Stuffed Mushrooms – You won’t need the chips when you stuff your mushrooms with the dip.
- Cocktail Sausages – To make these you need just three ingredients: 2 packages cocktail sausages, Simply Fruit Grape and Dijon mustard. Add the sausages and jar of Simply Fruit to a small crockpot. Then fill the empty jelly jar 1/2 way with Dijon mustard and add that to the crockpot. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Sandwich Rollups – Using a low carb wrap, add deli meat, cheese, romaine, mayo and mustard. Roll up and slice using a sharp knife.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms – these are one of our favorites!
- Chili Dip – Spread one block of cream cheese in an 8×8 dish, add a layer of on plan “S” chili (great if you have some made up in the freezer) and top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until warm and starting to bubble up. Serve with Pork Rinds.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – 2 cans of chicken (drained), 2 packs of softened cream cheese, 1 cup ranch, 1 cup wing sauce, 2 cups shredded cheese. Bake it at 350 for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with pork rinds.
Need more easy apps? Check out this huge list of low carb / THM S dips that you can eat with pork rinds.