A viral video has tons of people baking cheese and tomatoes and tossing them with pasta for an amazingly easy supper. We altered the original recipe to make this low carb baked feta pasta from Tik Tok & we aren’t sad about it!
Easy weeknight meals are kinda my love language. Keeping low carb/Trim Healthy Mama/Keto easy is how I stay consistent on the plan. Because let’s face it, no one wants to drag out a cookbook every night.
And this recipe is so simple. It also tastes a little bit fancy which is so nice for a meal that was so easy. If you haven’t made this yet, do it. Like tonight. Seriously.
I made it Saturday night and on Monday I picked up more ingredients from the grocery to make it again!
Follow my THM / Low Carb Food Diary on Insta here!
Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.
Low Carb Baked Feta Pasta from Tik Tok
Dump, bake & mix. Low carb baked feta pasta is that easy. Serve it up with a big salad and a rotisserie chicken breast and you have a full meal with very little effort!
It looks like this trend started with the FeelGoodFoodie and spiraled from there. And we are pretty happy that she posted it because it is a dinner time game changer.
What You Need:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Minced Garlic
- Low Carb Pasta Substitute
- Rotisserie Chicken (Optional)
What Can I Use For A Low Carb Pasta Substitute?
There are several options for you if you are trying to avoid the extra carbs in traditional pasta.
- Zucchini Zoodles
- Spaghetti Squash
- Palmini Noodles
- Miracle Noodles
- Dreamfields Pasta
Baking the Feta & Tomatoes
In a 9×13 pan, slice a big block of feta lengthwise. Place the cheese in middle of the pan and place cherry tomatoes around the pan.
Drizzle generously with olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
Bake at 400 Degrees for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and add 2 teaspoons of minced garlic while it is piping hot.
Add in a box of cooked Dreamfields. Mix everything well.
**Note** I would add some pasta and stir. Then add a little more and stir. Just so you don’t have dry pasta.
Sprinkle with fresh Basil and serve!
If you want to use a rotisserie chicken (and I recommend it!), just slice up some of the warm chicken and serve it on top of the low carb baked feta pasta.
Don’t Like Feta?
Whether you don’t like feta or just can’t find it (because EVERYONE is making this low carb baked feta pasta), you can still make a similar dish.
To make the baked feta pasta without feta, you just need a cheese substitute. Here I made this with Boursin cheese and zoodles.
Follow the same directions but just sub in your favorite cheese. I think it would be tasty with goat cheese as well.
Check Out More Low Carb/THM S Recipes
Viral Salsa Verde Chicken with Queso Cauli
Keto Chicken Enchiladas – 15 Mins
Low Carb PB&J Tik Tok Wrap Hack
- 1 block feta cheese
- 2 10 oz Cherry Tomatoes (I used one red & one mixed medley)
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Box Dreamfields Pasta (Can Sub Zoodles, Spaghetti Squash)
- Fresh Basil (for garnish)
- Fresh Cracked Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the block of feta in the middle of a 9x13 casserole dish. (I cut the feta lengthwise to make two blocks but you don't have to do this).
- Dump in the cherry tomatoes around the cheese and drizzle it all with olive oil and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While your feta is baking, prepare your low carb noodles or vegetable zoodles according to directions.
- Once the baked feta is done, broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese slightly.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven and immediately add the minced garlic to the pan. Using a spoon gently mix everything together.
- Add in your low carb pasta or veggie zoodles to the pan and mix gently.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil (dried basil from your spice rack will work in a pinch) & serve immediately.